So why does one-dimensional coverage of women in media matter? Newspapers and magazines inform people’s views and opinions. It affects how we as society see women unconsciously. When the media furthers the perception of women as sex objects, that has knock-on consequences throughout society.
- Activists + Innovators Series: Blessing Dada
- Questions on housing: What does art have to do with housing and cities?
- Questions on housing: Could we be the “architects” of affordable housing?
- Questions on housing: What does housing mean to us?
- Hong Kong protester convicted in first trial under harsh security law
- The tension between tradition and change – gender roles in Inuit communities and the ‘double burden’
- Sarah Benson of Women’s Aid Ireland Talks Domestic Violence and COVID-19
- Women in Horror Cinema: ‘Screen Queens’ and changing representations
- Maori gender roles and integration
- Gender roles in Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- The wild and crumbling Atlantic Way: Donegal’s mica crisis is out of our government’s reach