STAND Global Issues Coordinators
(Deadline 5 August 2019)
Reports to: STAND ACTIVITIES MANAGER
Location: YOUR CAMPUS
STAND celebrates the power of ordinary people to change the world. We support third-level students to stand up for justice and equality, learn more about important global issues, and find out what they can do to take positive action. We do this by running a range of activities in collaboration with students at third-level campuses across Ireland, including:
- STAND Student Festival: annual film and art exhibition for students highlighting global justice issues.
- STAND Global Issues Course: part-time evening course for students who want to change the world.
- STAND Ideas Collective: helps students turn their ideas into solutions to the world’s problems.
- STAND News – online news magazine for students who are passionate about equality and justice.
SUMMARY OF JOB ROLE
The Global Issues Coordinator will act as the main point of contact on campus between the team in the STAND office and course participants. You will assist with STAND Activities Manager in running the Global Issues course on your campus by assisting with course promotions and course sign-ups, assisting the facilitators with the weekly sessions, taking the lead on weekly logistics, and ensuring course participants remain engaged.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Assisting the STAND team to deliver a promotional strategy to attract students from a range of disciplines;
- Leading on the logistical planning of the course on your campus, including booking of rooms;
- Assisting session facilitators on a weekly basis as required (eg.: setting up room, taking attendance, etc.);
- Sending weekly reports and updates to the STAND Activities Manager;
- Promoting discussion between participants in between sessions via social media group;
- Contributing to the course evaluation.
YOU WILL GAIN:
While being supported by the STAND team, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable personal and professional skills, increase your understanding of global justice issues and meet new like-minded people.
There will be an expected time commitment of 2-3 hours per week in the run up to the Global Issues course commencing on your campus (September 2019). During the 6-week course (October – November 2019), you will be expected to attend and participate in all sessions (2 hours each week), in addition to maintaining weekly contact with the STAND Activities Manager and course participants (1 hour).
- Excellent organisation skills with ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate with other students.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
To apply, please complete our online application form and upload your CV here. If you have any questions or would like to have an informal chat about this role, please contact Joanne Mulligan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (01) 662 1400.