STAND Social Media Officer
(Deadline 29 March 2019)
STAND SOCIAL MEDIA OFFICER (Part-time Intern)
Reports to: STAND ENGAGEMENT & MARKETING MANAGER
Location: AUNGIER STREET, DUBLIN
Stipend: €50 PER DAY
STAND celebrates the power of ordinary people to change the world. We support third-level students to stand up for justice and equality, learn more about important global issues, and find out what they can do to take positive action.
We do this by running a range of activities (see below) in collaboration with students at third-level campuses across Ireland. We are now looking to build on our existing support to empower more students across Ireland to STAND for what they believe in. We are a not-for-profit initiative.
- STAND Student Festival: annual film and art exhibition for students highlighting global justice issues.
- STAND Global Issues Course: part-time evening course for students who want to change the world.
- STAND Ideas Collective: helps students turn their ideas into solutions to the world’s problems.
- STAND News – online news magazine for students who are passionate about equality and justice.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We want every student in Ireland to know about STAND and we are searching for a dynamic Social Media Officer to help us do just that. The aim of this part-time internship is to support the STAND team to develop and implement a social media strategy to raise awareness of our brand among students, to increase engagement with STAND’s online content, and to increase participation in STAND’s activities.
You will be passionate about social media and have a strong presence online, with experience creating digital content such as vlogs, YouTube videos, website content, photography, wallpapers, blogs, social media, gifs and adverts. As well as creating content, your role will include repurposing content for distribution across social media networks, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. You will also act as STAND brand ambassador at our events and activities.
Training will be provided with this role, along with ongoing support from your manager and the STAND team to ensure you gain valuable skills and experience during your time with STAND.
A large degree of flexibility will be expected and offered in terms of working hours (16 per week). You will be based at our office on Aungier Street in Dublin, working closely with our Engagement & Marketing Manager and our Activities Manager. You will be required to attend our events and activities on campuses in Dublin and around Ireland (travel expenses will be covered). You will also have the opportunity to work remotely and at flexible times by agreement with your manager.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Become familiar with STAND’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Work closely with STAND Engagement & Marketing Manager to conceptualise social media campaigns and strategies.
- Create social media content in order to drive brand awareness among students in Ireland.
- Measure the conversion rates and other metrics and feedback for ongoing campaigns and make adjustments as necessary
- Build rapport with relevant stakeholders and influencers online.
- Represent STAND at student activities and events.
- Brainstorm ideas and participate in training and workshops.
- Maintain a positive image of the STAND brand at all times.
- Attend regular team meetings and provide reports and updates as required.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and tools, including Instagram and Facebook.
- Experience creating content and managing a social media channel (personal or commercial).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing personality.
- Adaptable with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work well with a team and on your own initiative.
- Ability to travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Experience with online analytics tools.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or similar.
- Full driver’s license.
Please complete our online application form and upload your CV here. NB: In the “Anything else you would like to tell us?” section, please share with us some links to relevant social media channels and examples of content you have produced.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal chat about this role, please contact Emma Somers at email@example.com or (01) 662 1400.
Deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday March 29th 2019.